Chapman Law Review is a student-run scholarly journal at Chapman University Fowler School of Law.
All management, editorial, and publication control is vested in the Review’s thirty or so student members. Based on their academic performance in their first year, students are automatically offered staff positions or are invited to participate in the summer write-on competition. The Editorial Board is then selected from within the membership ranks based on their leadership, diligence, and demonstrated service to the Review. To see current and former Chapman Law Review members, please click here.
The write-on competition is usually held in late June or early July over a two-week period. The competition is a closed-universe writing assignment with the Chapman Law Review providing all of the necessary research – including cases, statutes, and other relevant material. The participant must take and persuasively support a position with only the material provided.
The Chapman Law Review receives tremendous support from the faculty and administration, including its Faculty Advisor, Professor Lawrence Rosenthal.
ABOUT THE WEBSITE
Our website includes the following sections:
- Chapman Law Review: This section includes all of our work published in our print journal, from Volume 01 (1997–98) to present, including symposium-related articles, student works, and selected transcripts. Most entries come with PDF files.
- CLR Online: Chapman Law Review Online is our new online-only journal, founded in 2014. The pieces in this journal are shorter than the ones typically found in our print journal, but are just as timely and scholarly. Each entry comes with a PDF file.
- News: This section includes stories about our current law review members, as well as our law review alum. We will also report on various releases and law review-related events over the course of the school year.
- Symposia: Every spring, the Chapman Law Review hosts an annual symposium centered on a current legal topic. This section includes various videos, power point presentations, and transcripts from prior years.
- Submissions: Chapman Law Review is seeking submissions for both its paper journal (Chapman Law Review) and its online-only journal (Chapman Law Review Online).
– See more at: http://www.chapmanlawreview.com/archives/2900#sthash.k7UpFh2o.dpuf